Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Look at Rendering

Hello again readers!

So, I previously spoke on the subject of rendering and its vital role in the animation process. To kind of give an idea, I presented a slideshow of previous renders from an old animation of mine. However, I feel that I could have covered the subject a bit more thoroughly than I did. I felt this way mainly because text doesn't really seem to do the concept justice. As such, I have prepared this screencast that will go over animation and rendering in a bit more detail. So without further ado, here it is:





So if you have any further questions or thoughts, please feel free to leave them in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. This is extremely informative. You should keep up the good work. This should be the format of all of your posts in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job explaining what 'rendering' is. It helps to see a visual demonstration to get the entire picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never seen an instructional video on something like this before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fact that you have the screen cast embedded into the blog post. As for the screen cast itself... very informative. However, eventhough I do understand that the screen cast was aimed at explaining what rendering is... I do think it would have been nice to have done a screen cast tutorial on how to render an animation within a specific software (like Maya or something). But, very clear explaination of what rendering is with the aided images in a screen cast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No joke with the difficulty and hours that are put into rendering. Especially with the programs and equipment, without really good ones, this kind of work can be a nightmare. Though for yourself the work was done great and I think the explanation was clear and understanding.
    Thanks for the screencast and insight.

    ReplyDelete